- Richard Wilson, Berrett-Koehler Publishers, Inc.
Expedited Schedules for New Titles
Requirements To Qualify for Expedited Schedules on Book Binding and Printing
- Prior approval for the print job must be authorized by an Edwards Brothers Malloy Customer Service Representative.
- If files fail the Edwards Brothers Malloy Preflight Inspection,the schedule will not begin until we receive files that pass.
- In the case where the publisher requests proofs for approval, the schedule will begin at the time files are cleared for printing by the publisher.
Need books printed over a weekend? Ask your Edwards Brothers Malloy Customer Service Representative. If it’s possible, we’ll make it happen.
Expedited Schedules for Reprints
- The schedules listed are always available for titles that were previously printed from electronic files at Edwards Brothers Malloy. You don’t need prior approval from us to utilize an expedited schedule on a reprint that meets the requirements listed below.
- Expedited schedules are available for traditional offset jobs.
Expedited Reprint Schedule Guarantee:
If we fail to complete your order on time, no premium will be assessed and we will discount our standard price 10%.
- Book binding and printing schedules are measured in business days, and the cut-off time for receipt of orders is 3:00 p.m. Eastern. For example, if it’s Thursday and you want a 3 day schedule, just get your order to us by 3:00 p.m. and we’ll have your books ready to ship on Tuesday.
- Premiums are applied to our standard pricing, excluding freight.
|Soft Cover Schedule||Adhesive Casebind Schedule||Premium|
|6 days||8 days||5%|
|5 days||7 days||10%|
|4 days||6 days||20%|
|3 days||5 days||30%|
- Soft cover binds include perfect binding, RepKover, and saddle stitching.
- Limitations may apply for print jobs above either 10,000 copies or 640 pages.
- Use of floor sheets is required for all materials, including text stock, cover stock, endsheets, boards, jackets and casesides.
- Confirming proofs only.
- For soft cover books, stamping and Precision Spot Gloss are available for 6 and 5 day schedules only.
- For adhesive casebound books, Precision Spot Gloss on casesides or jackets is available for 8 and 7 day schedules only.
- Single piece cases are required on hardcover books.
- For titles archived as film or containing components requiring production outside of Edwards Brothers Malloy, such as bind-in discs or covers supplied by the publisher, prior approval for an expedited schedule from an Edwards Brothers Malloy Customer Service Representative is required.